Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shopping. Way. too. Much.


I think I have a shopping disorder. I buy perfumes, watches, scarves and other accessories and cannot get enough of them. I am absolutely obsessed with La Mer Collection watches and just bought two online.

I have a purple one already and I hope to goodness that this purchase will stop my need and want to own watches. I think the shopping bug has hit me lately because I am bored out of my mind. I have a lot of work to do, but outside of that, not sure to do with all my extra time. And, obviously, work is not THRILLING. I wish it was-- I love working on Cuba-- but I hate doing the day to day work that involves me working on Cuba. I love attending conferences on Cuba, listening to panels, writing small snippets about Cuba, but writing long, involved essays on Cuba...... it bogs me down. Maybe it is my topic. In Miami, writing about Cuba was more exciting.... I think it was because people were excited about Cuba. People cared about what happened to Cuba. While in North Carolina you can write whatever you want about Cuba and not worry about repercussions, it isn't as exciting. I guess because everyone looks at me with vacant eyes and will state, "Wow, that is cool. But why?" And then speak to me about some kind of random historical fact they might know about North Carolina or the South. HAHA. Like a historian must know everything about EVERYTHING. I don't know shit about American History.... and..... I just DON'T CARE.

No comments: