

When mami came to the United States she eventually ended up in Ellensburg Washington. Ellensburg is a part of my history..... I have memories of the place without really knowing it if that makes sense. The last time I was there I was 6 years old. Young... too young to remember much. But my family speaks of Ellensburg as much as they speak of Cuba and so I got curious... what is this place really like? Is Yakima really "the shit" the way they make it sound???? I found pics and they are hilarious.
Imagine a bunch of Cubans transplanted into the United States and then finally ending up in wild country, U.S.A-- eventually my mom ran away to California with my father, Uncle Lou became an alaskan fisherman destined to have four heart attacks, Tia Doria would run away to San Francisco with her first "boring husband" as she describes him.... and Abuelita would leave and begin her new, party party party life in Pembroke Pines, Florida.... a suburb outside Miami.
No comments:
Post a Comment