

So the movie "Precious" is out in theaters and unfortunately I have no one to go with. For some reason no one wants to see this movie and the main reason I have been given is that it will be a "downer." I find it odd that people only want to see movies that make them laugh.... for me, I want to see a movie that somehow mimics real life or at least shows how simple, everyday moments have some sort of poetry to them. When people tell me that they don't want to see a movie-- that looks fabulous-- simply because it isn't funny, I secretly think to myself.... wow, this person is "simple".... to say the least. I know it is judgmental.... but I can't help it. Now, if the movie sucks after you have seen it and they say..... wow, that was a downer AND it sucked.... well, then, fine. Sandra Bullock can be great, but all the time????.... really? come on people.....
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/12/movies/12race.html
I am also thinking that "Nine" looks really good and I am desperately awaiting Pedro Almodovar's new film "Broken Embraces." I am becoming a huge fan of Penelope Cruz, slowly but surely. Each film she has been in during the past three or five years has been increasingly fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment